We currently have 1 job opening for an on-site “Creative Studio Intern” (Detroit, Michigan)
Creative Studio Intern for Travel Gear Review Site (Detroit, Michigan)
About Pack Hacker
Pack Hacker finds and tests the best gear for travel based on form, function and aesthetic. We believe the best trips start with quality gear, regardless if you’re traveling for business or pleasure.
We are looking for a passionate, self-starting student as an on-site Creative Studio Intern in Detroit. At Pack Hacker, we are passionate about helping people find the lightest, best looking, and most functional travel gear. Our team is made up of creative problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit and “get it done” mentality. This is a 3 month-long internship with the potential for an extended offer.
- Location: You will be working at our Midtown Office in Detroit.
- Payment: $15 per hour for a total of 8-12 hours per week.
- Schedule: Ideally, you’ll work on Tuesdays and Thursdays, however, we have flexibility in our schedule, and we’re willing to work with you based on your schedule.
- Duration: The internship will last three months. Upon completion, there is potential for an extended offer.
What We Are Looking For
- Experience in photography & photo editing (we have camera gear).
- Experience in content creation for web and social media, including iconography, video thumbnails, instagram videos, and more.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Lightroom.
- Organized Team Player: must be able to shift between 2-3 projects and communicate well with the team.
- Adventurous, with an interest in travel gear, organization, and optimization.
- Polished design aesthetic & good taste.
- BONUS: experience with graphic design, motion graphics, and social media management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be working directly with the founder to create various digital assets for packhacker.com and its social media channels.
- Brainstorm visual concepts for content.
- In-studio photo styling and photography.
- Occasional off-site photography around Detroit & potentially out of state.
- Photo editing.
- Research the latest trends in travel gear.
We receive a lot of gear from brands and are always looking for people to help us test & review. If you're detail oriented, observant & a good writer, we’d love to have you test gear and teach you our review process.
We're a growing company that's smaller in size, so your role will be fluid and give you many opportunities to explore different avenues of creativity. You'll be working directly with our founder, Tom, who's had 10+ years of experience working as a designer, creative director, and front-end engineer for clients like Apple, American Express, and Coca-Cola.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Midtown Internship” and answer the following questions in the email:
- Tell us what you'd like to get out of this internship.
- Tell us about a project—in school or otherwise—that you’ve felt great about and are proud of & why.
- Tell us a favorite piece of “gear” that you carry with you and why.
- Please attach your résumé and any links to your portfolio or live work.
- OPTIONAL: Send us your Instagram handle.