Orbitkey Travel Kit Review
The Orbitkey Travel Kit gives you the ability to easily switch out SIM cards as well as a secure place to store them.
- You always know where your SIM cards are
- Smart design thinking—the SIM tray ejector is the closure system for the container
- Room for two cards, which is great for most trips
- Nothing special about where the SIM cards are held—it’s sort of just a big compartment
- The rubbery material can make it harder to quickly flip your keys in and out
- The SIM tray ejector can poke into material or cards inside
0.48 oz (13.6 gm)
1.97 in x .63 in x .14 in (5 x 1.6 x 0.4 cm)
The Orbitkey Travel Kit is a relatively new addition to the Orbitkey ecosystem at the time of this review. It offers a handy way to remove and store SIM cards when you’re on the road, which we’ve found to be incredibly useful in countries where it’s better and cheaper to use local data with a SIM card.
With the Travel Kit, you can insert a new data card and keep the old one safe inside the kit, where it fits perfectly. The kit actually holds two SIM cards, which is a nice bonus and definitely more than enough for the average traveler.
A key feature of the Orbitkey Travel Kit is that it comes with a SIM tray pin, which is the exact correct size for removing a data card. With this product, there’s no need to dig around for a push pin or paperclip while you’re on the go.
The silicone-feel sleeve that houses the system is pretty basic, but it’s secure and gets the job done. And there’s not much else to say about this nifty little item!
- Excellent way to store SIM cards on the road.
- Sim card tray removal tool works like a charm.
- A bit tricky to take the tool in and out of the rubber holder when there is a SIM card or two inside. Takes a little finesse.
We’re digging how easy it is to use the SIM tray ejector versus a paper clip on the road.
SIM cards are a bit hard to get in and out, but this does the job.
The pin has broken through the material. It’s still ‘technically’ usable, but not really.
All things considered, the Orbitkey Travel Kit is a well-designed and convenient option for anyone who needs to use local data while traveling. Its simple design makes it easy to use despite some minor nitpicks and, most importantly, your SIM cards will stay close and secure until it’s time to swap them out again.
Pack Hacker utilizes affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of our product links, Pack Hacker will receive a small commission at no cost to you. This helps support us, and allows us to keep providing reviews, guides, and content for you. Thanks for your support!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.